As part of the Club’s policy of serving the local community, York City FC are pleased to support non-profit organisations. The club wants to support charities and voluntary organisations and understands the importance of their fund-raising efforts.
However, every year the club receives a high volume of requests for worthwhile causes and events. Due to this demand, the club has an agreed limit on donations each season and cannot guarantee that all requests will be granted and, if awarded, we will only donate match day tickets.
All match day tickets are provided through York City FC Foundation’s annual community ticket allocation, which are provided to add value to existing programmes delivered in partnership with local schools, youth groups, and grassroots clubs as well as to engage potential new supporters. To find out more about York City FC Foundation’s work, please visit: https://www.yorkcityfootballclub.co.uk/club/foundation
To make this process as fair as possible and to ensure that all requests can be processed, we have put together the following guidelines for organisations to follow:
Please complete the request form at the bottom of this page
- We give preference to locations within which the YCFC Foundation Team operate or organisations with whom the Foundation may already work with.
- The donations cannot benefit specific individuals or families and must be for a registered charity or UK based charitable organisation. We will not support overseas organisations or fundraising for overseas trips.
- Cash donations/sponsorship will not be considered.
- Development of Grassroots Football and the benefit of young people will be given preferential treatment.
- Requests from York and the surrounding areas will take preference, as well as locations within which the YCFC Foundation Team operate or organisations they may already engage with.
- Limited to one donation per calendar year for each organisation.
- The donations cannot benefit specific individuals or families.
- Requests must be for a registered charity or UK based charitable/voluntary/not for profit group. We will not support overseas organisations or fundraising for overseas trips.
All requests are subject to club approval and are not guaranteed and will not be considered unless the above criteria can be met.
In order to be considered, donation requests must be submitted in the following manner:
- At least four weeks prior to the date of the event.
- Providing information about the group/charity the funds are being raised for.
- Stating the date and details of the fundraising event.
To make a request, please complete this short form. Once received, a member of the team will be in touch to discuss next steps.