The visit of Maidenhead United this upcoming Saturday, February 3rd (3pm kick off) will see the game dedicated to Football v Homophobia.
Following the success of last season’s dedicated fixture, we’re delighted to reveal that York City have been shortlisted as a finalist in this year’s FvH Awards! The awards are on 23rd February at The National Football Museum.
As our designated Football v Homophobia fixture for the season this Saturday, there are several things occurring on the day.
As part of the Foundation Fixture initiative, up to 200 free tickets have been made available in the East Stand for usage by people in the LGBTQ community.
Jorvik Radio will jump in to host the Foundation Fan Zone Stage (sponsored by Jorvik Radio), showcasing several LGBTQ artists on the afternoon for supporters to engage with, enjoy and support before the match.
Supporters will also be able to engage in a series of LGBTQ market stalls in the concourse, with Football v Homophobia, York LGBT Forum, and York RI Templars (an LGBTQ rugby union team), all engaging with supporters and sharing their experiences with people.
Club programme The Citizen, as well as our team sheets and digital content surrounding the game, will all feature the rainbow coloured club badge.
The captain will also wear a rainbow coloured captain’s armband during the action, with FvH and rainbow flags displayed as the teams walk out, and a branded dedicated FvH football on the plinth for the referee to collect as the teams walk out. All of which will feature in the pre-match photo.
- Rainbow coloured club badges on all output (programmes, team sheets & social media)
- Rainbow captain’s armband, FvH and rainbow flags displayed & FvH football on plinth for the referee to collect as the teams walk out, all to feature in the pre-match photo
- Up to 200 free tickets made available to the LGBTQ community via our Foundation Fixture initiative
- Jorvik Radio to host the Fan Zone with variety of LGBTQ artists
- LGBTQ market stalls engaging with supporters and sharing experiences