At York City Football Club we are committed to protecting your personal data and helping you understand what we are doing with it. We will use your personal data in compliance with all data protection laws, keeping it safe and using it in ways that you would reasonably expect.
1. What information do we hold about you and how is it collected?
When you engage with the club by completing surveys or ‘opting in’ to receive information, some personal information (including your name, postal and email addresses) is collected. You may also be asked for your personal information at other times such as, but not limited to, during the ticket sales or event booking process.
2. What do we do with your personal information?
We will combine the different types of data to create a membership profile for you. This helps us to provide you with a more personalised service which is tailored to suit your needs. The more information we have, the better the service we can provide.
We are using your data to;
- help inform us about the club’s demographics and audiences
- influence our planning
- improve club processes and delivery
- better understand our fans
- to facilitate reviews, developments and improvements to the services/products offered to you.
3. What are your choices?
By law, you are entitled to:
1. object to your personal information being used for marketing purposes. We give you the choice to opt-out of our using, or supplying your personal information to the Club or to other reputable suppliers for these purposes. You can do this during the registration process by simply unticking the box provided.
2. receive, upon payment of a fee, a copy of any personal information about you which is held by us.
3. require the rectification, erasure or blocking of any of your personal information which is inaccurate or not up to date held by us.
If at any time you choose to unsubscribe, this may take up to 14 days to process and we apologise for any communications received during this time.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, then please contact us by email or letter at the addresses set out below stating your full name and address and providing any other relevant information: firstname.lastname@example.org or The Data Protection Officer, York City Football Club Ltd, LNER Community Stadium, Kathryn Avenue, Monks Cross Dr, Huntington, York YO32 9AF
5. How do we protect your information?
We are firmly committed to data security. When you place orders or access your account information, we offer use of a secure server. The secure server software encrypts all information you input before it is sent to us. We take steps to guard against unauthorised access to customer data. Although we make every effort to create a secure environment for your personal information, we cannot guarantee the safety of any personal information which you transmit to us online.
Note: Protecting your identity by dressing up as a prehistoric creature is optional.