York City FC are delighted to welcome children to be matchday mascots for first team fixtures at the LNER Community Stadium.
For those looking to provide a special memory for a young supporter, book a Matchday Mascot package and watch your child walk out with a player in the starting XI ahead of kick-off. This opportunity is open to York City supporters as well as any of our visiting teams.
Please note the age limit for mascots is 5-16 year olds.
Matchday Mascot packages are only available to existing ticket holders (either season ticket or single match ticket), meaning match tickets must be purchased separately. Match tickets must be purchased for all mascots and accompanying adults.
Mascot places must be booked in advance. To make your Matchday Mascot booking, please follow this process:
- Identify which fixture(s) you would like from the first team fixture list.
- Purchase your matchday ticket(s) via the Ticket Office website (N/A to existing season ticket holders).
- Book your place, by selecting your fixture on the Matchday Mascot product page here.
- Once your booking is complete, you will receive an automated order confirmation.
- • E-mail your mascot’s name, age, photo, and favourite player to us to include in the official matchday programme (this must be sent to email@example.com no later than 5 working days prior to kick off). Please also state if you are a York City or away team supporter.
- The club will then contact you via the e-mail address submitted for your purchase with a minimum of 7 days’ notice (as much notice as possible will be given) of the fixture.
Please get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01904 624447 if you have any questions.
On the Day Process
Once your booking is confirmed, please follow the points below:
- A club representative will meet you and your players outside the club office at 2.15pm (7.00pm for an evening kick-off).
- The most important thing is that the mascots dress appropriately for the weather! Please have a club-related top layer e.g. replica shirt, jacket, t-shirt etc to walk out with the players but please ensure you have plenty of layers to watch the match in, especially in the winter months!
- Enter the stadium via the Hospitality entrance (our lovely team of volunteers will make sure everyone is made to feel very welcome).
- We will then go pitch side to soak up the pre-match experience, including photo opportunities. 1 x adult is welcome to accompany each mascot pitch side.
- Each mascot will then be partnered up with a player who is in the starting XI. Please note, whilst we will try our best to partner each mascot with their favourite player, this may not be possible.
- Mascots will walk out with the players and match officials, shake hands with the opposition players, and pose for a pre-match photo with the captains and match officials.
- Mascots then head back to the side of the pitch to be escorted to their seats to enjoy the game.
- All mascots are welcome to stay around afterwards to try and grab some photos/autographs with the players as they leave, which is usually about 5.30pm (10.00pm for an evening kick-off), though this is of course non-mandatory!
If you have any questions or need any support, please don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com or phone 01904 624447. We look forward to seeing you on match day!